BaseballGeeks
User: Guest41105
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Detroit Tigers : Reading "Game 29: Detroit Tigers 2 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 7" Thread

Message #133 of 252  *NEW*
To:  All
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  Game 29: Detroit Tigers 2 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 7
Date:  5/4/06, 12:24pm
graphic
Another poor get-away day game for the Detroit Tigers. It seems like the afternoon games on their way out of town end up going badly for Detroit. Not much good to say about the effort. The Tigers offense struggled only able to generate one run, off the starter, on a triple by Alexis Gomez and a sac fly by Magglio. Detroit made the fill in starter Kevin Gregg look like Pedro Martinez. They only managed three hits against him in seven innings. For good measure they added a single run off Donnelly in the eighth.

The Tigers young pitchers took their lumps today. Verlander did not have his good stuff today. His velocity was down and he did not have the strong breaking ball, which could possibly be due to a blister issue. Justin gave up a few long balls to the bottom of the Angels order. Verlander surrendered four runs, only three earned, in six innings of work on nine hits. He walked one, struck out only two and allowed two home runs. Tata came on in the seventh and after giving up two singles faced Vlad Guerrero. Vlad blasted a three run home run on a poorly hidden off-speed pitch. Jamie Walker, Jason Grilli and Bobby Seay finished off the pitching duty for Detroit.

Although this game didn’t go well the Tiger performed very well going 6-1 on the home stand improving to 19-10 on the season. I imagine the Tigers got excited when they noticed they are playing the Twins tomorrow. Unfortunately they forgot to take care of business this afternoon. It looks like the Tigers will drop to a game and a half behind the White Sox as they lead the Mariners 4-0.

*** OEs 3 Stars of the Game ***

#3 Chris Shelton – 2-3, .311 AVG
#2 Jason Grilli – one scoreless inning
#1 Alexis Gomez – 1-4 with a triple and one run scored

On Tap – Game 30 (19-9) @ Minnesota Twins (11-16) May 5th, 8:10 ET
Kenny Rogers (4-2, 2.59) v. Kyle Lohse (1-2, 8.77)

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!

Reply to Msg #133
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

11251 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

The Olde English Ds's Blog

Message #138 of 252  *NEW*
To:  The Olde English Ds's Blog Thread
rmayer78  
Date:  5/5/06, 11:32am
You've got high expectations for Verlander! Sure, it wasn't his best start to date but minus Tata allowing a three run homer the game is 4-2 in the bottom of the eighth. I say verlander did a great job to minimize the damage on an 'off day'. The home runs were solo shots and he only allowed three earned over six even though he allowed nine other baserunners. 14 runners lob by the 2-6 hitters from anaheim! I applause Verlander for his performance!

The offense did not perform well minus Pudge and . . . Thames. Two games in a row without Thames ? What is Leyland thinking!? I know, I know, Gomez was getting sent down today so he probably wanted to get him in one more game. Well, hopefully Young can come back and perform! If not . . . you know who's waiting!

Reply to Msg #138
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

12272 reads

Message #141 of 252  *NEW*
rmayer78  
Date:  5/8/06, 2:50pm
Ohh, my names Josh, i don't think I have keep up with the games . . . I like to keep my fans waiting . . . I'm too cool for those (that) loser . . . tigers lost two in a row . . . I give up . . . they don't deserve my blogging anymore . . .

Reply to Msg #141
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

12269 reads

Message #142 of 252  *NEW*
rmayer78  
Date:  5/8/06, 2:56pm
What happened these last few games? I don't have TV or radio or newspaper or . . . internet. Hopefully I'll find out if the Tigers are still winning soon.

Reply to Msg #142
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

12269 reads

Message #143 of 252  *NEW*
therealPaws  
Date:  5/8/06, 3:10pm
I heard the tigers are going to keep losing as long as josh doesn't keep his blog going. Don't make me hunt you down and maul you to death. To respond to Rmayer, the result Verlander had was acceptable, but his velocity was down that game and he left a couple up in the zone that went yard, and he put some runners on base, it was just fortunate they weren't on when the balls went out. I have faith he'll get it back his next start. Nate will end this streak, he was fierce his last outing and hopefully is on one of his good streaks where he's unhittable. Go Tiges

Reply to Msg #143
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

12266 reads

Message #145 of 252  *NEW*
To:  rmayer78
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  Re: Game 29: Detroit Tigers 2 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 7
Date:  5/9/06, 9:50am
graphic
Well...the fans are getting demanding Rmayer...I guess I can't expect the weekend off Although I think you can pin one of the losses on Todd Jones and not OE.

Go Tigers!!!

Reply to Msg #145
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

12264 reads

Message #152 of 252  *NEW*
rmayer78  
Subject:  Re: Game 29: Detroit Tigers 2 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 7
Date:  5/9/06, 3:52pm
Surrrre, blaim Todd Jones for the loss, maybe you convinced him to take the weekend off with you by your absence?! That's not the kind of dedication that a champion gives! Especially of the . . . world type.

Reply to Msg #152
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

12261 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter